Question:
when was the first time you felt 'old'?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
when was the first time you felt 'old'?
Eleven answers:
Lunar_Chick
2007-05-12 07:31:15 UTC
I realised I was old when I had to explain what a 'record player' was!
2007-05-12 07:16:57 UTC
I remember my nan telling me many years ago that you really know you're old when policemen start to look young. It did make me smile to myself the first time I remembered her saying it, which was the first time I caught myself thinking "What's he doing in that uniform?! He looks about TWELVE!"
2007-05-12 07:16:34 UTC
When my 4yr old granddaughter asked me if I needed help going to the toilet. I don't, by the way.
?
2007-05-12 07:16:14 UTC
the first time I was called "sir" in public by someone's kid
Terry
2007-05-12 17:33:11 UTC
I "felt Old" in my late fifties. Then we adopted a 17 month old girl in china. I haven't felt old since, and she'll be a teenager this summer.
patrick d
2007-05-12 08:31:03 UTC
Growing old we can say is relative. You could be 50 but yet feel like 35 & are able to do things with people of that age group & it gets better if you are blessed with youthful looks.

Yet again you could be 50 look 60, feel 70 & grumble all day long.

In my case my libido has always been my mark of aging even though I have used glasses since I was 13, been bald since I was 25 & now at 59 I suffer from severe gout because I wont let go of my life style of un-inhibited eating & drinking.

Anyway talking about my libido sending me signals of aging have been as follows. In my teens the mere thought of any woman aroused me. It degenerated to when one needed porno to help & then you had to see the feminine form & finally am at the stage when some physicals are needed. Even the brain is becoming choosey about the type of body. I know that very soon I would be needing some of the medical aids available. I gather that also stops working after sometime. That is when I will accept that am old. How sad that is going to be.
bee bee
2007-05-12 07:56:09 UTC
when my younger sister asked me what Lp's were.......and a kid on the road calling me Miss instead of yungwan...(Dublin slang for young person)...now that I think about it the kid was very polite....
b1uecee
2007-05-12 07:36:06 UTC
when i started to work with adults and I am old enough to be their mother. (16-25 year olds I am 43 years old). when I started to find a male colleague attractive but was shocked when i found out he was only 24 years old. I felt bad that I should find him attractive and I am old enough to be his mother!!
nicola h
2007-05-12 07:22:17 UTC
yeah what Kevin said, the first time someone called me Lady instead of girl
just trying to make a difference
2007-05-12 07:17:09 UTC
when i looked out if the window at the rain and thought 'oh that will be good for the garden!' lol.. think i was about 23
?
2007-05-12 17:48:00 UTC
I said to my dad a couple of years ago (he's 67)"you know your getting old when you start picking up pennies off the ground" he came back with"whats wrong with that?"...I replied "I rest my case."